In order to fund this film we need to raise $65,000 by February 6, 2017. This amount will help cover equipment, locations, food, sound, post production, and other necessities on professional film shoots. A contribution of any amount will greatly help our projects and will be highly appreciated!
The American Film Institute is a Government recognized 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization, and holds tax exempt status. Donations made toward “Drown In Mirrors” may be tax deductible under Section 170 of the U.S. Tax Code. A letter of acknowledgement from AFI will be sent for all contributions.
A donation can be made easily through AFI’s online donation portal- https://support.afi.com/thesisfilms1617.
Instructions for Online Donations:
1) Click the DONATE button or visit: https://support.afi.com/thesisfilms1617
2) Select “1715-DROWN IN MIRRORS” in the dropdown menu
3) Fill out your information & donation amount *
◦ * Please note, all donations are in USD
4) Click "Donate Now"
Or if preferred, you can mail a check to AFI directly.
Instructions for Mailing in a Donation:
- Make check payable to ‘American Film Institute’
- Note ‘Drown in Mirrors #1715’ in the check memo
- Mail to: Thesis #1715, Drown in Mirrors, C/O American Film Institute, 2021 N Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Please include a return address with the check, if there is no address on the actual check, so AFI can send a letter acknowledging the donation
Although donations are channeled through AFI, donors designate the film they wish to support through the portal. Therefore, 100% of your donation will go directly to the production of DROWN IN MIRRORS. After you donate, you will receive an acknowledgement of your contribution from AFI for your tax records.
Because of our March shooting date, we must be fully funded by February 6, 2017. Thus, your potential donation is especially important.
Many companies will match donations made by their employees to non-profit charitable institutions. This can DOUBLE your donation. Your Human Resources Department will be able to inform you if your employer offers this benefit. If so, please select the “My company will match my gift” on the AFI Web Donation Portal. Please contact us for additional help.
Donations of certain levels will receive a special credit at the end of the film:
• Executive Producer - $5,000 - $10,000
• Sponsor- $1,000 - $4,999
• Partner- $500 - $999
• Benefactor - $100 - $499